For the new iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 7, there is a new chip with new taptic engine addition. As we know there are some major hardware changes occurred in these two new iPhone that is why now you have need to learn how to put iPhone 7 Plus & iPhone 7 in DFU Mode in order to restore it using iTunes to the latest version without getting any iTunes error.
All we know, the older devices like iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 and so on, there is an easy method to put those devices in DFU Mode. In the case of iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 7, there is a little bit difference of holding the keys. You don’t have to worry about this anymore.
Why there is a need to Put iPhone in DFU Mode
Here comes a question in our mind that why we have to put the iPhone into DFU Mode. I have already answered this in very short. It is because we want to restore our device to the latest iOS version using iTunes. Entering DFU Mode will reduce the chances of iTunes error like 4014, 1602, 3015 and etc while restoring the device.
I hope you are cleared now. So, lets come to the point How to Put iPhone 7 Plus & iPhone 7 in DFU Mode to limit the errors.
How to Put iPhone 7 Plus in DFU Mode
Here is the main point of this topic. By following very few steps you can easily enter DFU Mode on your new iPhone 7 Plus for easy restore. Do the steps carefully because every step needs your focus.
- At the very first step, using Lightning to USB Cable connect your device to iTunes or PC you have available easily.
- Now, hold the Power/Lock button and Volume down key together for 10 seconds.
- Only release the power button now but do no release the volume down button until a pop-up appears on the screen of your iTunes.
- At this point, you will find your device in the completely black screen. On the other side, iTunes pop-up saying your device needs to restore. Hit the restore button and wait for the process.
- Congratulations! You have restored your device successfully without any errors.
Please note that if you find any USB and iTunes logo on your device that’s mean your device is in the Recover Mode which can also be used to restore the device completely. If recovery does not work for you try entering DFU Mode again carefully.
Video Guide: How to Put iPhone 7 Plus in DFU Mode
Video Source: iClarified.com
Do not forget to use the sharing buttons for this article. If you have any questions related to this tutorial please ask us using our Contact form or commet below. Keep visiting us for future updates and more.