Here is all you need to know Electra Jailbreak for iOS 11.0 – iOS 11.1.2 running devices.
Another day, another release. In my previous article, I told you guys about iOS 11 Jailbreak status. I added the news of Electra Jailbreak Tool for iOS 11 two days ago. The dev Coolstar also mentioned that he will release this iOS 11 Jailbreak tool this weekend.
Now, he has full filled his promise and he has released Electra Jailbreak Tool for iOS 11. If you have iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 11.1.2 or lower, you can jailbreak your device now.
Coolstar has just created a Cydia Substrate alternative for this Jailbreak. Using this substrate we can now run themes and tweak on your device.
But, at the very initial, I want you guys to know that it’s the BETA version which is for theme developer and Cydia tweak developers. This is a Semi-Untethered Jailbreak which requires Re-Jailbreak after every boot. However, in below section, I will tell you more about this.
How to Install Electra Jailbreak ToolKit for iOS 11
Like all the previous sideloads, we are going to install Electra Jailbreak Toolkit IPA using Cydia Impactor.
Everyone is well familiar with the installation of IPA files using Cydia Impactor. If, you are not familiar then do not worry. Here, is a short tutorial for newbies. Follow the given steps, and Jailbreak your device.
- At the very first, Download and Extract Cydia Impactor on your PC.
- Also, download the iOS 11 Electra Jailbreak ToolKit IPA from here on your PC.
- Using a lightning to USB cable, Connect your device with Cydia Impactor.
- Now, Hold and drag the downloaded IPA file into Cydia Impactor.
- Input your Apple ID and Password.
- Within 2-3 Minutes, you will find Electra Jailbreak App on your device.
- Disconnect your device and continue the process on your device.
- Navigate to Settings > General > Profiles > Trust and Verify your application.
- Open Electra Jailbreak App on your device.
- Click Jailbreak button and all done.
Finally, within no time you will find your device Jailbroken successfully.
However, you will now find Cydia on your device. So, the Jailbreak is not dead.
Electra Jailbreak ToolKit Changes Log:
(Update 3/5/18)Electra 1.0.3 fixes the freezing issues some users were getting from beta 10 – 1.0.2
HURRAH! CoolStar has just released the final version of Electra with Cydia for the public.
On the 19th February, adding some more information here. The current situation is not in peace. CoolStar has deactivated his twitter after some clash with other developers. So, right now NullPixel has just left a tweet in which he is saying Electra is still under development and they may have to release it without CoolStar.
Electra will be finished, hopefully with coolstar. It will still be finished without him, but we’d rather finish it with him.
— nullpixel (@nullriver) February 19, 2018
Update 17 February: Here is the status of Electra Jailbreak for iOS 11 users. You may be waiting for the this so I have added this screenshot for you.
Electra Toolkit IPA, Beta 10:
- Now supports the debiantools, shellcmds, system-cmds, and uikittools.
- Improvements with CHECK FOR UPDATE within the Electra App.
- Some fixes with binaries and more.
Electra Jailbreak Beta 9 is available with some new changes and improvements.
- Removed Anemonefonts.dylib file causing a crash and other problems.
- Sandbox now support apps at the initial open.
- There is no more 0.5-second delay while opening the application.
- Now you can check for the Electra Toolkit when the app is launched.
- Important: If you are going to upgrade Electra Beta 8 to Beta 9 then you have to install tweaks and themes again.
If you face any issue during the process, please ask me in the comment box. Also, join my Facebook Group for more discussion and updates on this Jailbreak for iOS 11.
Do you like this article? Spread it, Share it and support your friends.